10 prayers for your future spouse
Hi everyone, I trust you are doing well. Welcome back to my blog and thank you so much for clicking my link. I pray that God grants all your heart desires in Jesus Name, Amen. If you follow me on social media, you’d see that I always talk about great marriages and “constructing” your future spouse in prayers. I know the topic of marriage is not pleasing to people nowadays because of the stories of heartbreak, betrayal and pain that are constantly circulated on social media. Those stories we hear or perhaps of people will know is very capable of changing our countenance towards marriage. I know people that are paranoid about ending up with a pretender or not entirely interested in getting married. It's sad because marriage is still an honourable thing created by God to emulate the relationship between Christ and the church. God is still in the business of making beautiful love stories, don’t let the experiences of others change your mind about it.
Matthew 19:4-6 (TPT) “Haven’t you read the Scriptures about creation?” Jesus replied. “The Creator made us male and female from the very beginning,[d] 5 and ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and live with his wife.[e] And the two will become one flesh.’[f] 6 From then on, they are no longer two, but united as one. So what God unites let no one divide!
Ecclesiastes 4:9: “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?"
Firstly, there's nothing to be afraid of as a born again Christian. As you are committed to God's kingdom and His righteousness, all things will be added to you (Matthew 6:33). God always takes care of His own, forget the evil notion painted about "Bad girls marry faster than good girls". That is not our concern or source of worry. I know for a fact that he will never allow His child to end up in an unfortunate marriage especially because we are His own. Even Hosea that married Gomer, (a harlot) it was by divine instruction from God. We can’t be lackadaisical about our future spouse. We can't settle for someone that we know isn't God's will for us out of fear, boredom or loneliness. God is very intentional about all the things that concern us! Let's be intentional as well.
1 Corinthians 15:33 (TPT) So stop fooling yourselves! Evil companions will corrupt good morals and character.
As a new testament believer, you carry weight in the spirit. You have the power call things into existence that do not yet exist (Romans 4:17). So you have something you desire in a man or woman you want to marry, you have to pray it into existence. The prophecies that all the prophets made became flesh in the person of Jesus, you can prophesy into your life. You are the first prophet over your life. These prayers are applicable to those that are single and available, single and not available or even married. Hey, there's nothing like too much prayer.
Here are prayers for your future spouse:
- Pray that your future spouse will have a personal relationship with Jesus and this relationship will be paramount to all other relationships including the one they will have with you. Pray that they will be passionate about knowing God deeper and deeper for the rest of their lives.
- Pray that your future spouse will choose purity over all things. They will understand that honouring God with their body, soul and mind is important for their walk with Him. (Women, pray that He will lead the plan to wait for sex while men pray that She will passionately wait with you for the marriage bed as well).
- Pray that God will bless the works of your future spouse's hand. All the things they lay their hands on will be successful. They will have career satisfaction and will not make their career an idol. Pray that they shall not be frustrated, tired or burned out in their jobs. That success will be theirs in all things.
- Pray that your future spouse will make an excellent life partner. Ask God to make them your biggest supporter. Tell God to make them genuinely interested in all aspects of you even the parts you don't like. They shall see you for who you are and love every part of you forever.
- Pray that your future spouse will be quick to forgive you and others. Pray that he or she will let go of bitterness quickly. Pray that he or she will find a source of ever-flowing forgiveness in Christ and be capable of extending it to others.
- Pray for them to become great parents when the time comes. Pray that there will be unity in dealing with difficult choices and situations as it relates to your children (spiritual and biological). Pray that where you have different opinions, God will help you reach a great consensus.
- Pray that your future spouse will love others the way they need to be loved including you. Ask that your future spouse will learn to navigate relationships in a spirit of understanding, grace, and love (No pettiness or savage attitude). Pray he or she will see people through the lens in which Christ sees them.
- Pray for romance. Pray that your future spouse will know how to receive your love with graciousness and show you love as well. Pray that neither of you will rely on each other as a source of joy, love and peace but on God who is the only one that can fill the hole in your heart.
- Pray that God will grow his or her friendships with other people. Pray that God will bring godly people into their life to form close bonds with, people who will lead them closer to God and not away. Pray he or she will be a good friend to those who need friendship. Pray for selflessness on your part as he or she spends time with friends, even if that means sometimes sacrificing time with you.
- Pray that your future spouse will enter the fullness of their calling – to do all they were created to do, and be all they were created to be. They shall align with God’s perfect purpose for their life. They shall not live a life of nothingness in Jesus name.
As you pray in your understanding, also take time to pray intensively in tongues. When you pray in tongues, you edify yourself and pray God’s will into your life. This has helped me get out of relationships that weren’t for me even when I wanted to stay. Trust me, God knows best concerning our lives. If you haven’t been baptised in the Holy Ghost, reach out to your local pastor and let him or her help you pray in tongues. You can also reach out to me to get baptised in the holy ghost via social media (Twitter, Facebook or Instagram).
I prophesy that we shall have an enjoyable marriage life. We shall be the generation that changes the testimonies about marriage. God will make us wonderful spouses and parents. We shall find purpose with our spouses. I pray that even after marriage, we shall continue to seek God and His kingdom!
Thank you so much for joining me to pray for future spouses, I know that our prayers are answered in Jesus name.
Only when marriage and family exist for God’s glory and not to serve as replacement idols are we able to truly love and be loved. Remember, neither your child nor your husband (or wife) should be who you worship, but instead who you worship with. - Mark Driscoll